Saturday, March 28, 2009

It was really nice out this afternoon so naturally, people were engaged in outdoor activities. In the course of my day I saw lots of people running and quite a few people on bikes. Some of the bike things struck me as funny and/or a little odd.

1) In Hoboken, a guy was dressed in shiny, clingy silver shorts and top with a really large silver helmet and rode his bike up onto a sidewalk right near where I was in my car at a red light. There was no incline on the sidewalk at all, however he tried to do a little hop like he was going up a ramp. My window was open and I had to restrain myself from yelling "Sweet Wheelie!"

2) Driving down Upper Mountain road in Montclair I saw three teenage boys riding bikes- nothing unusual there. Then I realized that two of them were on a tandem bike- that's gay even for a mature homosexual couple to do, I can't imaging how secure these two must be in themselves and their friendship.

3) I saw a woman riding her bike down another Hoboken street with her long hair flowing around her face looking like it might obscure her vision and wearing dressy black pants and a black blazer. She may be trying to be green, she might be trying to save money, but I like to think she was really trying look good for the aforementioned silver bullet so they could become a couple that pops wheelies and shops for monochromatic outfits together.

No comments: