Thursday, May 1, 2008

Catch Phrase

While getting ready to go out to the bars in West Chester, PA for my sister Jackie's 21st birthday recently, a bunch of us sat around her apartment drinking beer and playing electronic Catch Phrase. Some of the things people came up with for this game were pretty funny and I want to note them here for posterity.

I think they are best appreciated when read as a dialogue so I'll try to make it as clear as possible who said what and who was providing the clues, what the correct answer was and what the guesses were...if it's not funny then I guess you just had to be there...

Correct Answer: Tony Blair
Clue from my brother, Matt: "Former Prime Minister of England"
Guess from my sister's sorority sister: "Madeleine Albright!"
My brother's response: "Let's hear it for a West Chester University education"

Correct Answer: Vin Diesel
Clue from me: "He's an actor...but not really..."
Immediate guess from my sister's friend, Craig: "Vin Diesel!"
Response from Me: "You just blew my mind"

Correct Answer: Principal
Clue from my sister's friend, Ashley: "He owns the school"
Response from everybody: "uuhhh"

Correct Answer: Exaggerate
Clue from my sister: "I used to do this a lot when I was little"
Guess from me: "Dance naked on your bed in front of the mirror"
Guess from my brother: "Steal sticks of butter out of the fridge and hide behind the couch to eat them"
Guess from me: "Demand that Mom and Dad drive you to your imaginary friend's house"
Guess from my brother: "Tell on yourself to Mom and Dad if you even thought of a curse word in your mind, even if you didn't say it out loud"
-Timer buzzes, indicating time is up
Response from my sister: "It was exaggerate. I hate you guys."

No comments: