Monday, June 22, 2009

Atonement

I haven't blogged in a while and I think part of the reason why is that I feel a little guilty about T-Bone. My last two posts were about her and didn't paint her in the best light, although they are written with affection.

Recently, I had to tell T-Bone's mom that I'm going to be moving and won't be able to keep taking her out after the month of June. I didn't think T-Bone would mind that much; I thought she would be a little disappointed that she would no longer be guaranteed french fries and ice cream bi-monthly but that that would be about it. I honestly didn't think our friendship was all that important to her.

Well, when I saw her mom after she'd broken the news to her, she let me know that T-Bone broke down and sobbed for about half an hour, asking her mom why she would tell her that when she'd been having a good day.

So, needless to say, I feel like an a-hole for using my interactions with her as blog fodder when clearly they meant something to her and she was getting something out of it. Even though she'll most likely never see this stuff, I still feel bad about it.

I'm going to try to make it up to her by doing whatever she wants the next (last) time I take her out. I'll let her eat anything she wants and I won't share the details.

No comments: